Wednesday, September 7, 2011

1 year

I know I'm a bit late on this, but late is better than never!
September 4th was our 1 year anniversary. It really has been a whirl-wind year. We began by adjusting to married life and a new apartment. Then added a member to the family, our sweet Bandit Blu, and moved again. In that year I got a job and then quit (the same day they wanted to get rid of me anyway). It has been a year full of laughter and tears. They say the first year is the hardest, and I have to agree with that. My mom likes to say that all of our vows have been tested this year. For better or worse (we've seen some worse this year), for richer or poorer (yeah, we're pretty poor, paycheck to paycheck poor), in sickness and in health (we've had quite a few health issues this year, and mine are still on-going). Yes, we have had one hell of a year, and I hope to never go through one like it again, but the best part about the past year is having EW by my side. I really don't think I could have made it through this year without him. He was there every time things seemed to fall apart. Always reassuring me that it would get better.
Thank you EW for always being there for me, for trying so hard to make everything work out, and loving me even though I am crazy sometimes. I love you more than I did 365 days ago.

On Sunday, we started the day by going to an awesome church we have decided to start going to. It's just around the corner, so it's even better! When we got home, we took Bandit on a walk at a really nice park across the street. We came home, and just rested, until we left for dinner. We went to Maggiano's Little Italy, and had amazing food. They had gluten-free pasta. I was so excited I was able to have pasta! After dinner, we were able to get tickets for a screening of the movie WARRIOR, which doesn't come out till this Friday. The movie was great, and I recommend that everyone see it. I don't really like sports movies, but it's totally worth it! We came home and then had wedding cake. It tasted just as good as it did a year ago. It wasn't dry at all! I had a little, but I can only eat the icing, since the cake isn't gluten-free. The day was perfect. I couldn't ask for a better day or person to spend it with!
Our waitress helped us out!
  

 It tastes so good! I put the topper on to re-create the moment lol
Walk in Darien Park!
 It was a beautiful day, about the same as the year before :)

Just a boy and his dog :)

Thanks to everyone who helped us get through the past year!

~Brina

No comments: