Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Chicago: Sailing


On Sunday, EW and I went into Chicago to use the groupon he got for the tall ship, 'Windy', at Navy Pier. After we got into Chicago, we took the water taxi to Navy Pier. This was my first time on it, and the scenery was awesome.

Waiting for the taxi to take off.

I took so many pictures. These were a few of my favorites.


I love this one! The reflection looks so good.
This one is at Navy Pier. We are taking off on the Tall Ship 'Windy'

Raising the Sails. 
The Lighthouse.

Do I look sea sick? Yeah, I'm trying to hold it together.

The sailing tour was interesting. Eric enjoyed it, but I really wasn't feeling the rolling waves. I'm happy EW had fun, but I don't think I'll be going sailing again anytime soon. EW was even able to help raise one of the sails. Of course he did it out of my line of sight, and there was no way I was going to get up and walk to take a picture while my stomach was heaving.  
After we were back on land (Thank God!), we got together with our friends Kevin and Vicky. We caught up and had a delicious dinner. Then EW and I were off back to the burbs, but alas, we missed our train. Luckily, Kevin and Vicky graciously opened their home to us for a couple hours. We had a great time with them, and can't wait till we can return the favor!

-Brina

No comments: