Friday, January 7, 2011

Back to Normal

Well it's now 2011, and I'm hoping this year will be better than the end of 2010 and the very beginning of 2011. It's been pretty rocky around here. Here's what's been going on in the past 2 weeks...
The day after Christmas the husband and I were recovering from a wonderful first Christmas together. However, things started to go bad when EW started what I like to call "the bathroom suffle" or in his case, run! Yes, he came down with the stomach flu. I became the nurse and moved into the spare bedroom. He stayed home from work Monday, and I sanitized the place hoping that I would not also come down with it. Tuesday he was feeling better, so things went back to normal. New Years came and we went to Chicago to visit our friends Kevin and Vicky. We ate at Wildfire, and then went back to their place to wait for the coming of the new year. We went home the next day, and I wasn't feeling so well, but I thought it was the lack of sleep combined with the motion sickness from the train. Well, I was wrong. Early Sunday morning I woke up with a horrible stomach pain, and that's what started my "bathroom shuffle." EW moved into the spare room.
Forward to early Monday morning. I woke up at 2am and heard a noise. I was thinking it was the neighbors, but then, I got up to investigate. Uh oh, it was EW sick...again. So he stayed home from work, and he slept in the spare room since it was contaminated. Thankfully that was the end of the "bathroom shuffle" except for the nasty head cold that I have that I got as soon as the flu was over.
Ok, that's the end of the sickness, but that's also the end of what I have to say, since the sickness is the only thing that has been happening. I did have an interview on Monday, but I don't know anything yet. As soon as I do, I'll let you all know!
I didn't take any pictures of New Years (not sure why--sorry), but I did take this from facebook.

EW and Kevin: Bestest Buddies!

-Brina

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

More posts please