Thursday, January 20, 2011

Good Times

I'm back up north after taking a few days leave to go home. Since I am still unemployed I have the freedom to just go. That may not be the case for much longer, seeing as I might become employed soon. When I have more concrete details, I will share it with my bloggy friends.
I haven't talked about my next topic yet online, or to many people in general, since it has been a family issue, but I thought I would share since it's public knowledge, at least it is at home. About 2 weeks ago my brother was in a car accident. He's fine, and only had a few cuts, but it really shook my world. When my mother called me at 6am (I just happened to have my cell on) I knew something had happened. As soon as she said he had rolled his truck, I lost it. Which brings me to another topic. (Sorry I keep jumping around, but there's a point, I promise).
What I really want to talk about is Family. Most of you who know me personally, know that my family is really close. I'm a person who considers her family as an extension of herself. Therefore, the past two days have probably been two of the best days I've had in a really, really long time. Tuesday night, everyone was home, and since we don't have television, we just sat around and talked about our day, just like old times. We shared laughter and sadness, and the world around us didn't matter for that hour. It was so great for me. Especially since my brother was there, and knowing the fact that God could have taken him a few weeks ago, but decided that we needed him more (which I'm so thankful for). Then again, today, I had to say my good-byes. I will get to see them all again in a few weeks, since we still haven't been able to celebrate Christmas.
I wasn't for sure if I wanted to put these up, but I really wanted everyone to see how God works in wonderful ways. Looking at his truck, my brother shouldn't be alive, or at least without any severe injuries. He did have his seat belt on, but when a vehicle his a pole and then rolls, usually there is some sort of injury.


Can you believe he got out of this with just a cut on his head? I am still in shock over it!

Here is the main reason I went home. For my best buddy's 25th Birthday Party! We were one of the last one's in the bar at this point! We stayed till Midnight, since her B-day is really today. It was so great seeing friends again. Since living up here, I don't have anyone I can just call up and ask to go shopping, or go on a walk, or taco night. I miss this girl below so much. (I promised I wouldn't use her name!)

-Brina

No comments: