Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thanksgiving and Birthdays

This past weekend we went to my parents to celebrate Thanksgiving and my Dad's, Grandma's, EW's and my birthday. I was very excited, and so was Bandit. She loves going on rides, and going to Granma and Granpa's house. Friday night Bandit and I picked up EW at the train station and we were on our way. We rolled into Watseka around 7:30, so we had all evening to visit. Bandit, of course couldn't get enough attention and was bouncing off the walls. Good thing we didn't go to bed until 11 or so.
My brother was out and about, so I thought I would play a joke on him. I've already done it to EW a few weeks ago, and couldn't wait to use it on my brother.
That is not what it looks like. LOL, it's looks good though, right? It is actually a toilet paper roll soaked in water and tore up in pieces, then mushed back together. So easy, and really funny! And yes, that is on his bed. When he got home that night, everyone was in bed. He didn't freak, but did come out of his room to ask me if it was real poop. He said he picked it up and smelled it, and it didn't smell bad, but he wasn't for sure, so thought he would ask. HA!

On Saturday, my Grandma and Aunts came so we could have Thanksgiving. Our house is really small, and Mom doesn't care much for cooking, so we went out to eat. All of us got to pick whatever we wanted to have, which I love. I had soup and a big salad, and everyone else had Turkey or Roast dinners. The dinner was good, and it was great to be with family. Back at home, we had Cheesecake (at my request, since I can eat it) to celebrate all the birthdays. It was a great ending to a wonderful day!

Bandit loved sitting in Granpa's chair. When he wasn't sitting it in, she took full advantage!

This is were EW and Bandit spent most of their weekend. Hanging out, watching movies with Granpa, while my mom and I did some shopping.

This is Binky, and her spot for the weekend. Bandit loves Binky, and wants to play, but Binky isn't thrilled. She stays in my parents room, behind the gate. When Bandit takes a 'nap', she come out. Binky definitely loves to see us leave more than arrive.

This is my favorite picture of the weekend! Bandit was very happy she got to sit on Granpa's lap. Of course, a few minutes after this picture, she had to get off because she wanted to lick his face off. :)
Dad looks really good here, especially since he just had a hip-replacement just a few weeks ago!

 Granma got her a bacon flavored bone. She worked on it all weekend! Not to mention, Granma was giving Bandit little treats behind Momma's back. She sure does get spoiled :)
On Sunday, it was time to travel back home. It's always sad leaving, but I know we will be back. Hopefully the weather will be ok to travel at Christmas. While driving, I just had to take a picture of the open fields and the beautiful sky. Oh, how I miss this:

Hope everyone takes advantage of the beautiful weather,

-Brina

No comments: