Friday, July 31, 2009

Welcome to....Kickadonkey?

I am leaving tomorrow for my new apartment in my bf/fiance/lover (I will cover this some other time) so lovingly refers to as Kickadonkey. It is a small, small town that I will be living in for the next year. It has a post office, a hardware store, and a bar/grill that opens at 3pm. All of this is on the same road that runs 'through town.' My apartment building (consisting of 2 apartments, one in front, I'm on the side) is right across from the post office, so I get a PO Box free! I am really excited about this fact. Obviously the name 'Kickadonkey' comes from the fact that it's a really small town in the middle of nowhere. There are only other small towns around it. My bf/fiance/lover comes from a pretty large suburban area, so even getting used to my small hometown of 6,000 was a stretch for him.
Tomorrow I will be packing up my little car and driving the 45 miles to my new place. I hardly get cell reception, and I don't have phone or internet yet. I can only get dial-up...lovely. This means I will be living without too much human/world contact in the next week, and I will also not be posting anymore blogs for at least a week. Instead, I will be trying to keep myself busy watching movies, every season of Sex and the City, and during the day getting my classroom ready at the school where I now have a job.
I know I will have alot to do with my first year of teaching, but I'm a little worried that I'm going to get lonely in Kickadonkey. I've never lived all alone before, and I'm such a people person, that it might be hard to get used to. My love will hopefully come see me often, and I'm hoping friends will too! (wink wink) Also, I'm sure I'll be coming home on the weekends, maybe not every weekend, but a few times a month. In the end, I just hope I'll be happy in Kickadonkey.

Ohh...I almost forgot! The computer people called me today! Letting me know that there are many things wrong with my computer....
-disc drive does not work ----- knew that, it hasn't for 6 months!
-power souce is dying ----- knew that, that's what they told me last time, but it's not dead yet!
-Finally, I have ANOTHER virus ------ but last time they put THEIR own virus protection on!

So I'm just having them take off the virus. It's not worth fixing the other parts, my computer is on it's last gig and then it will byte the dust. I just need to get all my important files off of it and then it can die. It's only going to cost me $110! Can you believe that?! Just for a virus that they said I wouldn't get, when i paid them $200 last time! ugh.

Have a good weekend/week!

Brina*

2 comments:

The Witkowski Family said...

Can't wait to hear about all of your adventures in teaching and in Kickadonkey - seriously - what town are you actually in? Blogging is a nice way to get your thoughts out and a great way for people to catch up with you. I love it!!
Talk to you!
Love ya, Rachel

can't wait for the coverage on the bf/fiance/lover situation...are we soon to be sister-in-laws? Is there something I don't know!?

Anonymous said...

After many failed attempts at trying to comment on your blog I love you and will see you tomarrow.

Your b/f fiance/ Lover
Eric Wesley