Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Bit More Dignified....maybe?

I'm sure many of you are wondering..."Why did she put that picture of her on here?" If you are not asking yourself that question, I am referring to the picture of me with the crazy bat hat. Yes, it is not a picture I wanted on my blog for millions to see, but there is a story behind why I chose it.
You see, a few days ago, which is starting to feel like weeks, my computer decided it would become ill. It would not let me log on to my name, even though I switched it to go straight to my desktop. I started to panic. This is not the first time my computer has stopped working, but every time that it does I feel like this might be the end. Now, I have many, many items stored on my computer, which I do not have backed up or saved somewhere else. You would think after having many close calls, I would do so, but I'm always hoping that if I don't save it somewhere else it means it won't die on me since it knows I need it.
So when I could not easily fix the problem, I called in my brother. He also could not seem to get it working. By this time I am trying to breathe deeply and not think of all the stuff that might be lost. The last time my computer became ill, my dad took it to the computer place and they revived it. Therefore, I had my brother unhook all of the cables, and took my computer to the repair shop like a mother would take her child to the emergency room. Unlike the emergency room, computer repair places do not fix the computer right then. Maybe this is something people should look into. I know several people who NEED their computers, and I am one of them. There should be a place where you can take your computer and they will look at it right then and there. Maybe there is a place like this and I just don't know about it. I should be lucky that they even have a computer repair place in this town.
This brings me back to my lovely picture. Since my computer has ALL my pictures on it, I had to make due with what was on myspace, save it from there. The picture is me wearing a hat that is a bat, if you couldn't tell already. I will be changing it as soon as I get my computer back to something a bit more dignified. Might I also point out that I'm wearing my I <3 EIU shirt. It's one of my favorite. A shout out to all Eastern Illinois University alumni!
Like the last 4 days, today is another day that I sit, jumping every time the phone rings, hoping that it will be someone telling me that my computer is going to be fine, and I can come pick it up. Wow, that's kinda sad, isn't it?

Anyway, I've been thinking about what I want to include on here, and I'm thinking about having a special day in which I talk about the same sort of thing every week. I've been reading some blogs that do this and I think it's pretty cool. However, I'm not sure what the theme will be. If you have any suggestions, let me know! I love pleasing the crowd :)

Brina*

No comments: