Monday, January 30, 2012

Assessment

    If you know me, you would know that I'm continually assessing things. If things are in the right place, done in the right manner. If I feel happy about something or sad. How different people, places, things make me feel/react. I am emotional, yet rational. I try my best to do things rationally, but in some cases, I throw caution to the wind, and do what my heart says.
    I have made many big decisions with my heart. Some haven't turned out as I planned, but I don't make the plans, God does. There have been several decisions floating around in my mind lately, some big, some small. Sidenote, I am also indecisive. ha. I want what is best for my family, yet I want what is best for me also. I will not choose my family over my happiness. I know I am one of those people that can't live without being happy. I have a feeling that's why I haven't had a 'steady' job for so long. I wanted to be a teacher. I could not/would not take a job that I knew I would hate just for the sake of making money. That may be selfish, but, so be it. I know that I need to be happy to live.
    This all is bringing me to the situation I am in. I'm having problems deciding what will make me happy. I don't know if teaching will make me happy. I don't know what other careers would make me happy either. I have been praying really hard about finding my place on this Earth. Growing up, I thought I would be this cutting edge zoologist, that traveled the world and found new species. Well, obviously that didn't happen... So where to go from here? I think I see my future as a stay-at-home mother, working on Bits of Brina during my 'down-time'. That's one thing that always makes me happy. Making/figuring out new items for Bits of Brina makes me very happy. Things are going well, I would love to make a few more sales before adding more items to the store, but I do have some interest in selling in-store, which is FABULOUS! I'm not sure that my picture of the future will come into fruition, but again, I don't make the plans, God does. I will give it all to him, and he will show me the way....until then, I shall assess my life, and hopefully happiness will be around the corner.

Picture of my newest Vase:

-Brina

No comments: