Thursday, January 19, 2012

I finally did it!

    As I mentioned in my last post, I finally started my own business. Right now I just have an Etsy site, but I really hope to expand. I have always thought of myself as crafty. On every school project that needed craft skills or imagination, I have always excelled. Of course I had some help from my parents, but I had the vision, and they helped me bring it to life. Now, I have the ability to do it myself, and I have to say joining Pinterest has help alot! It's a site that has lots of DIY projects, and I have become addicted. With the ton of free time I have (working only 6-9 hrs a week), I have been able to make several items that I was told I could possibly make money on. My cousin, Nathan, who has his own business really helped me out. He does screen printing, and has a blog that shows you how to do it yourself also. At some point in time, I would like to try glass etching, which he also does. It would be great to go into business with him. Here's his website: Nate Screenprints. You should check it out. He will screenprint whatever you want (that can be screenprinted, which is more than you would think!).
    So far, my Etsy shop consists of upcycled vases made from glass bottles, then wrapped in yarn. I have several colors and will also make-to-order. I  also started making felt flowers to put on the vases. A few days ago I thought I would sell dog toys that I make for Bandit, out of fleece. Dog toys are so expensive, so why not make my own?
    I am so excited that after only 1 day of opening my Etsy Shop, I had my first order! Obviously people are willing to believe in my vision also! I love taking everyday items and making them into something beautiful. I have so many more ideas, but when it's freezing outside, I can't get out there and spray paint the many items that I want to give new life. It truly is my passion! As soon as Spring hits, I will be out there everyday working my butt off.
So here it is! My Etsy Shop Bits of Brina.
    I would love for you to check it out! No, you don't have to buy anything, I won't be hurt. However, if you know of someone who might like something, let them know about be. If there is a color scheme that I don't have, that they would like, I will do my best to find that color. Honestly, I believe in everything I make, and I don't sell anything that I wouldn't pay for myself.
    OH! I almost forgot! When my Facebook Page for Bits of Brina Facebook Page gets 100 likes, I will be doing a Give-Away! When 100 people like my page, I will post it on FB, if you enter and win, you would get a FREE Large Vase (value $15)! Go there now and Like me!

    Here are a few pictures of what I have for sale:

Valentine's Day 12" Vase

9" Vase

12" Vase

Braided Dog Toy Ring

Stay warm in this crazy weather!

-Brina

No comments: