Thursday, February 3, 2011

Blizzard 2011

I'm sure you all know that we had a Blizzard in the past 2 days. Yesterday, both EW and I had the day off. We had the whole day to ourselves. I knew that I couldn't waste this day, especially since we will be getting the puppy next weekend, and I'll have no time to do anything. This is why I thought it was the perfect time to clean out the spare room closet. It was so full, I couldn't even walk into it. Since the recent career change, I thought it was a good time to reduce the amount of teacher stuff, since I don't see myself going back anytime soon. I had all day free since we were snowed in, so I just rolled up my sleeves and started opening boxes. I was able to empty a couple big plastic tubs and a couple boxes. I even found a full tub of winter clothes I swore was at my parents house. Yay for finding thing you didn't even knot you had!
It took me most of the day, which included a break to play in the snow while EW dug out our cars. Then we had lunch and watched "Seven Pounds" with Will Smith. If you haven't seen it, make sure you have tissues! It was really sad and I have to say, there were tears, but it was a good movie, and you should check it out.
Finally, I was able to put the closet back together, and I have to say, it turned out really well. I have a garage sale pile, and threw away a garbage bag full also.

Here is the Before:
And the After:
Yeah, we need to get a better box for the Christmas tree, but they are expensive! This will just have to do for now. Also, can you see that I can actually walk into the closet!
Now for some pictures of Blizzard 2011...

Blowing snow on Tues. night.
The huge drift in front of the building.
The path through the drift.
The hard worker! Nice Shovel...
Snow Birds!
If you would like to see more pics of the snow, I have an album on FB.
Hope you all are staying warm in this deep freeze!
-Brina

No comments: