Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Short Week

I would be posting tomorrow, but since we have a short week, and I'm sure I'll have way too much to do tomorrow afternoon, I'll post today. This past week has been very good. I have gotten a lot of wedding things settled and my eating habits have not been running wild (unlike last weekend). My friend Kristen and I went out to eat Friday night and I had a salad! It was actually a VERY good salad, and I have to go back and have another sometime soon. It was at a little Italian restaurant in a town close to where I teach. They have amazing bread also!

Anyway, I have ordered the wedding favors, which I'm so happy about. I can't wait to see how they turn out! Also, I ordered some matching return labels for the invitations. Sounds pathetic, I know, but this was the highlight of my day yesterday. I got them totally free, minus the $3 for shipping. It was a great bargain. I love bargains/sales/anything that comes free! I can't pass up a great deal.

This saving money thing has really pumped me up about garage sale season. My mom and I are so ready for this spring/summer. We get up at 6am on Saturday to get the best deals. We strategically map out our route the night before, and go to the best sounding ones first. My mom used to drag me as a child, and I would be so embarrassed to be seen at a garage sale buying 2nd hand things. Now that I have grown up, it's really something we can do together, and save money at the same time. She would call it bonding, but that's just to touchy-feely a word for me. lol. Over the past few years, I have really come to know the value of a dollar, and I'm all about saving them.

Now on to the biggest loser race. Kristen and I finally came in last this week. However, I did lose 3 lbs (one of those that was gained back last week). Slowly, but surely, I'm getting there!

Brina*

No comments: