Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter(ish) 2012

    Well, Easter has come and gone, and we have yet to celebrate with my family. Our family is cool like that. Half of all holidays are celebrated on a different day. I believe this is because it was hard to always get the family together. Also, growing up, we always split the holidays with the each set of grandparents. We hardly ever did both families on the same day. Even though my mom's parents only lived about 30 minutes away, they thought it was just too hard to fit everything in one day. It amounted to rushing, and not being able to enjoy the time spent with family. Even though this sometimes meant celebrating Christmas a weekend before or after, we always made it feel like that holiday.
    The 21st my parents are coming to spend the night to take care of Bandit while Eric and I are in Rockford for a wedding that I am in. Then the next day we will come back to our apartment and we will all have Easter. Really excited that my mom will have the dinner ready by the time we get home!
    This past Sunday, the real Easter, we went to church, and then went to EW's parent's house for Easter brunch and then dinner. The food was great, as was the company. Of course the only pictures that I got were of the little munchkins. I didn't even get a picture of EW and me. The kids had a little egg hunt, and everyone ate candy. Overall, the weather was pretty good for Easter. It wasn't raining or snowing, so that is always a big plus. I remember many an Easter that we couldn't go outside because it was raining or too cold. Having good weather just makes it that much better!

 Bubbles!
 Perfect Bubbles require Concentration!

Benny liked the trucks...

Change of Topic:
       If you don't know what Pinterest is, you have to try it! It's the most amazing website for everything from home decor, recipes, fashion, crafts, and just anything that you like! I have many boards from cute pictures, baby gear I will have to have, to yummy looking food. If I see something that I think I could do, then I get right to it.  I found this really cool way to change an old frame to a cute 'white erase board'. It is pretty simple, and I'm even thinking of selling them through my store, Bits of Brina. The link will take you to my FB page, and you can also get to my Etsy store from there also.
    Here are the Before and After pictures:

 Goodwill frame w/ glass.
Elegant white-erase board!

    When looking for a frame, I made sure it was wood so that I could sand it. I found some scrapbook paper that I liked, and then picked the spray paint. I went with a glossy black. This project was super easy! I don't have a dry-erase marker, so I couldn't write my grocery list yet, but it will get up there asap. If you would like one of these, and don't want to go through the hassle of doing it yourself, leave a comment with your e-mail, or contact me through FB. I really liked making it, and I can't wait to make more!


-Brina

No comments: