Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Merry Christmas and 2010 in Review

So I thought I would try to get in one more post before the holidays! Lots has been going on with getting ready for Christmas, and going home last weekend for the wedding of a woman I worked with last year. I went home on Friday to visit with my family, and then headed to Pontiac to stay with my friend and favorite sp. ed. teacher! We went to the wedding together and got to hang out and catch up.
Other than getting ready for Christmas, I haven't been doing too much except cleaning and decorating, and of course I have pictures of my attempts that would hopefully make Martha proud.
Our Christmas plans consist of staying up here and going to EW's parent's house Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. It does make me sad that I can't be with my family, but they have been so good about working a way around having to go to two places within a span of a weekend. My mom also worries about the weather and doesn't want us to come down until late-Jan. So I guess that's what we'll do. Every year it seems less like the Christmas' of my younger years. I used to be so excited to see what I got, but as the years pass, I enjoy getting other people gifts and seeing their faces when they open it. Ahh, maturity. Also, these days, the holidays seem just like any other day. I think the only thing that makes it feel special is the music. I love singing in general, but Christmas music is my favorite. There is nothing like a church full of people singing 'Hark! The Herald Angels Sing' or 'Joy to the World', and I could name several others.
It's been a eventful year as I look back on all the things I have done in 2010: my first year of school ended, all the wedding showers, bachelorette party, weddings (including mine), moving to a new city, leaving my family and friends, a honeymoon to Mexico, becoming an Aunt-Wife-Daughter-in-Law....wow, that's alot, and I could even go on.
I guess what I'm really taking away from this year is that if I didn't rely on God, family, and friends I'm not sure I would have made it here. There have been some tears in the past 12 months, but many more smiles and laughs. I really have no idea what 2011 will bring, but I can only hope it will be just as amazing as this one.
Now for Pictures!
Christmas cards from family and friends

Christmas flower arrangement, and decorations

Stockings. EW is the snowman, I'm the tree
The Tree.

Here are some pics of McKenna. She has learned some new tricks!
Crawling, she likes to put a toy in the mouth first!
Look at me! I can pull myself up and cruise around things!
This I had to put in because it was just that good.
This is EW pretending to be Indian, I think.
Think he could manage a 7/11?

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
-Brina

1 comment:

Barb said...

I really enjoy having you living close by. I know it's only a matter of time before you will be going off to a job everyday but I plan to get in all going out to lunches I can before then. Have a great Christmas and a better New Year!