Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Big and Little

Hey Folks!

I'm waiting on a game to start. Cheering isn't over yet! So with the free-time, I thought I would update on a few items.

The first deals with my title. At school we have started a "The Biggest Loser" competition between the teachers. Of course, in the spirit of commodore I decided to do it too. We are doing it in partners, and my friend, Kristen, and I decided to join forces. However, there is a slight problem. Kristen is just a bit smaller than I am. Ok, actually she's about 1/3 of my size. Being realistic, she honestly has no weight to lose. Seriously. And I have....well, we'll not go into that.

When trying to figure out a team name, I thought, let's just be honest and go with "Big and Little." And so team Big and Little was created. The big day came last Tuesday for the first weigh-in. I told Kristen to eat as much as she possibly could over the weekend, so we would give ourselves some lee-way. I went home to see my family that weekend, which means you know I ate well. ;) One thing my family has in common is good appetites. No-one is going hungry in my house-hold, well only if you're the last one to the dinner table, there might be nothing left over.

Fast forward to this past Tuesday. The 2nd weigh-in. Kristen has been working her butt off to shed a few ounces, and I just stopped eating that '2nd portion' that I always seem to need, and by gollie, I lost 4 pounds. YES! To be honest, I was really worried. However, that means I now need to lose more weight each week. And that WILL be a problem. I need to scrape up some $ so I can work out at the school rec. center. This Biggest Loser thing goes on until the end of May! I will be one cranky person by then, if I don't cheat. HA!

My goal for this thing is 40 pounds. Wow. That's a lot when you think about it. Well, I'm 4 pounds down, and 36 more to go. The only thing is my wedding dress fit perfect before the weight-loss, now I will have to get my dress altered. People just laugh when I tell them that, but it's true. They totally overcharge for that stuff!

In other news:
Eric and I got our engagement pictures taken, and I am in the process of ordering them. They turned out beautifully! I'm really happy! Check out AM Photography on Facebook if you want to see who did them, or just see our pictures. I'll leave you with one.



Much Love,

Brina*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay Brina! That is awesome about the 4 lbs... and I'm right there with ya girl!!! I'm been working out since before Christmas break (took a 3 week break while I was home though.. haha) but have been exercising atleast 3x's a week. I don't own a scale, so i have no clue how much I've lost, but the trainer I met with took my measurements before I started, so we'll see how I'm doing when I meet with her again and she takes my measurements next! I feel great already, don't notice a difference though. I guess that will take some time!
And I look forward to seeing the engagement pictures! :) Miss you friend!