Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Week 13

This week has been the most interesting week by far. It included a trip to the ER, and an unscheduled Dr. appt.

Everything was going smoothly until I decided that Saturday I would clean out all the closets. That was an undertaking in itself. Then that night we thought we would go bowling. Actually, EW thought it would be a good idea. We got to hang out with our good friends, Matt and Sarah, so it was worth it. On Sunday around 11, I started spotting red blood. Of course I freaked, called the Dr. immediately, and they told us to go to the ER.
EW was a rock, he kept telling me everything was fine. The baby was fine. I was fine. But me being me, I was still really worried. I had just been to the Dr. last Thursday, and everything was fine, so then why the bleeding?
After being in the ER from 11-2:30, they were able to find the baby's heartbeat, and all my tests seemed ok. We went back home with no real answers.
The next day, Monday, I was able to get an appt, but with a Dr. that I had not yet met. Which was fine, as long as they gave me good news. After an ultrasound, the baby seems to be fine, and so did I, except for the spotting. They can only guess what is causing/caused it. I worried it was the cleaning/bowling, but they said that didn't have anything to do with the spotting. The Dr. told me that it was called a 'threatened miscarriage' and that there's nothing he or I could do. I took Monday off of work, and today (Tues.) also. I am hoping rest will do the trick, and baby will be fine.
I googled it of course, and about 30% of women to have a 'threatened miscarriage' actually go on to miscarry. So the odds are on our side. I know there is nothing I can do, which is very scary, but I also know that everything happens for a reason. All I can do is trust in the Lord. God gave me this little one, and if he sees fit, can take it away. It kills me typing that, but it is the truth. The past 13 weeks have changed my life forever. I pray that I will be able to say in 6 short months that I will have a baby. However, I know that God has a plan. If I have learned anything in my life of 27 years, it is that my plan means nothing, and to give my life over to God.
As for now, I am taking life day by day, treasuring every moment of the little one that is growing inside me, since I don't know what will happen tomorrow.

-Brina

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sabrina,
Thinking of you and saying an extra prayer for Baby W.
Hugs,
Mallory S